Konica Minolta awarded Silver Class in SAM Sustainability Award
In another win, within a string of sustainability awards, Konica Minolta global was recently awarded the Silver Class in SAM Sustainability Award by the United States based S&P Global, the globally recognised provider of research and ratings in ESG (Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance) investment.
Konica Minolta has been included in SAM Sustainability Award for nine years in a row since 2013. As the global leader in research and rating with regards to ESG investment, S&P Global’s SAM Sustainability Award analyses more than 7,000 large corporations worldwide. Konica Minolta was evaluated in the three dimensions “Governance & Economic”, “Environmental” and “Social” and in the following categories it has earned the highest score:
- Materiality (Governance & Economic Dimension)
- Tax Strategy (Governance & Economic Dimension)
- Innovation Management (Governance & Economic Dimension)
- Privacy Protection (Governance & Economic Dimension)
- Environmental Reporting (Environmental Dimension)
- Environmental Policy & Management (Environmental Dimension)
- Product Stewardship (Environmental Dimension)
- Climate Strategy (Environmental Dimension)
- Social Reporting (Social Dimension)
- Talent Attraction & Retention (Social Dimension)
“We are proud that Konica Minolta has once again been recognised on a global stage for its sustainability approach and strategy, showcasing that our ongoing efforts to make an impact environmentally, leads to sustainability throughout our business. As a business, we are committed to making a positive and lasting difference, and continuing to ensure we remain carbon neutral. In South Africa specifically, we are proud that our sustainability work has seen thousands of trees planted across our country and their continued growth each year depicts our greater green growth” says Marc Pillay, CEO of Konica Minolta
In 2021, 242 companies were ranked in its Gold, Silver and Bronze Classes.