-Konica Minolta included for fifth time on the CDP Climate ‘A List’ 2020
-The company is featured on Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for ninth time.
The company is included on the Climate A List 2020 by CDP and is listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
Konica Minolta international has been given the highest evaluation and awarded a global leadership position on the Climate A List by CDP, an international not-for-profit organisation engaged in activities to realise a sustainable economy, for the fifth time. Additionally, Konica Minolta, has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World), one of the most prestigious global indices of Environment Social Governance (ESG) investment, for the ninth consecutive year.
The Climate A List comprises companies that have been recognised as global leaders for their actions and strategies in response to climate change. Of more than 5,800 companies around the world that were covered by CDP’s survey, 270 companies were included on the Climate A List this year for their actions to reduce CO2 emissions and mitigate climate change.
The Dow Jones Sustainability World Index is one of the most prestigious global indices of ESG investment. In the annual review of the 2,500 largest companies, 323 companies have been listed on the DJSI World and, including Konica Minolta.
Konica Minolta’s approach to climate change problems
Konica Minolta is striving to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), while facilitating the evolution of the business community and human society. With the 17 SDGs the United Nations have developed a global holistic strategy to overcome the current main global challenges. In particular, Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe focuses on the six SDGs “Climate Action”, “Responsible Consumption and Production”, “Quality Education”, “Gender Equality”, “Decent Work and Economic Growth” as well as “Partnerships for the Goals”.
In Europe, Konica Minolta has taken many measures to contribute to the responsible use of energy resources:
- Since 2018, the European headquarters is carbon neutral
- The European headquarters as well as its subsidiaries in Germany, the United Kingdom, Austria and most locations in France and Sweden are using electricity from renewable sources
- The overall consumption of energy has been reduced by transporting goods via inland vessel or train and through the consolidation of shipment
- Since the introduction of its "Enabling Carbon Neutrality" Programme in 2015, the company and its customers together have offset more than 30,000 tons of of unavoidable CO2 emissions
- In 2019, Konica Minolta introduced bizhub ECO, a service which includes a pre-set eco configuration of colour multifunctional peripherals (MFPs) and a tree sponsorship in cooperation with Treedom
- In 2020, Konica Minolta introduced AIRe Link, a remote visual support tool that has saved more than 3,000 on-site customers visits avoiding CO2 emissions from travelling
- In 2020, Konica Minolta introduced Workplace Go, a virtual collaboration tool that also reduces business travel for meetings